- Vitamin D is essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.*
- Stimulates osteoblast (bone producing cell) activity which helps maintain bone density and strength.*
- Stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important protein involved in bone formation.*
- Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes, cardiovascular and neuromuscular/neurological function.*
- Vitamin D is important for normal, healthy cell growth and function.*
- Helps support normal, healthy insulin secretion.*
- Vitamin D helps support healthy immune function.*
Backstrom MC, Maki R, Kuusela AL, Sievanen H, Koivisto AM, Ikonen RS, Kouri T, Maki M. Randomised controlled trial of vitamin D supplementation on bone density and biochemical indices in preterm infants. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 1999 May;80(3):F161-6 Brenner S, Horwitz C. Possible nutrient mediators in psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis. II. Nutrient mediators: essential fatty acids; vitamins A, E and D; vitamins B1, B2, B6, niacin and biotin; vitamin C selenI.U.m; zinc; iron. World Rev Nutr Diet 1988;55:165-182. Gillespie WJ, Henry DA, O'Connell DL, Robertson J. Vitamin D and vitamin D analogues for preventing fractures associated with involutional and post-menopausal osteoporosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD000227 Recker RR, Davies KM, Dowd RM, Heaney RP. The effect of low-dose continuous estrogen and progesterone therapy with calcium and vitamin D on bone in elderly women. A randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 1999 Jun 1;130(11):897-904. Reid IR. The roles of calcium and vitamin D in the prevention of osteoporosis. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 1998 Jun;27(2):389-98. Stallings VA. Calcium and bone health in children: a review. Am J Ther. 1997 Jul-Aug;4(7-8):259-73. Swaminathan R. Nutritional factors in osteoporosis. Int J Clin Pract. 1999 Oct-Nov;53(7):540-8. 22.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.